Whole Wheat Artisan Bread
1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tablespoon Honey ( I love this brand and you can get it at Target Wholesome!)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 Tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
3 1/2 to 4 1/2 cups flour (depending on altitude)
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder (optional)
¼ butter (optional)
Directions: Pre-Heat over to 400F
- Mix water, honey, salt, and yeast in a bowl. (add herbs if desired).
- Add flour. Start with 3 ½ cups and only increase if dough is still sticky. You can knead or put in mixer to get all mixed together.
- Knead dough until smooth and not sticky. Add mix ins such as garlic or cheese. Knead until mixed in.
- Grease cookie sheet and pre-heat oven. Form dough into a loaf and cover with a towel. Let raise for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut slits in top of loaf and put butter and herbs on top if desired.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.